Bangladesh has shed its image of a backward country by 2020 through the country`s remarkable growth in the economy. All the sectors are rapidly making progress. Hence it is a golden opportunity for students who are planning to study MBBS Abroad for Indian Students to choose Bangladesh to pursue their dream to become a doctor from the best colleges in the world. Bangladesh is India`s neighbor country with a population of around 16 cr. Dhaka is the largest and capital city of Bangladesh house of 10+ Medical colleges alone providing the best quality education. The environment for students is friendly as they come across people with diverse backgrounds from across the globe plus with native people; which gives them a window of opportunity to interact and get to know the diversity of the globe.
Benefits of MBBS in Bangladesh
- Private and Govt. Medical Colleges
- 5 years of duration of MBBS including internship
- University Recognition
- Low cost of living and education(MBBS)
- Global career opportunity
- Theoretical and practical exposure
- Paid internship
- Easy and cheaper travel
Let`s talk in a little brief about the above and more
Advantages of studying MBBS in Bangladesh
Bangladesh is India`s neighbor country, so Study MBBS in Bangladesh for Indian Students is best; as the culture, food and weather are similar to India which minimizes the issue of worrying about mentioned things. Food is available for both Vegetarian and Nonvegetarian eaters’ warm weather and beautifully mixed culture like India. English is spoken there and traveling is easy as both the countries are very well connected by air and land and by the sea. And there is no requirement for entrance exams in most of the colleges.
Private and Govt. Medical Colleges
Bangladesh has both Private and Govt. Medical Colleges providing the best quality education to their students. Collages provide students with the best theoretical and practical methods to learn. English is the medium used for presenting the lectures. Books used there are by Indian Authors hence it gets easier for students to understand, and diseases are as same as in India. Students get good exposure to community medicine from the very first year as well.
Duration of MBBS in Bangladesh
The duration of MBBS IN BANGLADESH is of 5 years which includes one year of internship which valid is in India. That means you don`t have to spend one more year in India for an internship. The internship in Bangladesh gives you full clinical exposure and a stipend of around 15000 takas per month. Students have the option to get a job there in Bangladesh or come back and practice in India.
Universities in Bangladesh are recognized by:
MCI- Medical Commission of India
WHO- World Health Organization
Career opportunities after MBBS from Bangladesh
Bangladesh medical colleges are recognized by MCI and WHO which open the doors for students to practice anywhere around the globe after completing their MBBS FROM BANGLADESH. MBBS STUDENTS FROM BANGLADESH have options to appear for PLUB/NEXT/USMLE. Also percentage of Indian students of MCI is higher than in other countries.
Women Medical Colleges in Bangladesh
Many times parents worry about sending their daughters far from home to study, and they prefer if they can have an all-women college; so good news for those parents and girl students who are looking for studying MBBS ABROAD but don`t want to go for any co-ed colleges then Bangladesh has the options of only women medical collages available more than one college.
Some of the women colleges are:
KUMUDINI WOMEN`S MEDICAL COLLEGE,
UTTARA WOMEN`S MEDICAL COLLAGE
AD-DIN SAKINA WOMEN`S MEDICAL COLLAGE etc.
Cost of living for MBBS Students in Bangladesh
The cost of living in Bangladesh is so low for students. They can easily maintain living there in 7000-10,000. But there is good news for students who can maintain their marks up to 80% so, a scholarship of 7000-8000 per month for that year; which helps them with their cost of living there. And that is not for just one year if you keep up your marks 80% every year the scholarship will be repeated.
Hostels for both boys and girls are available separately with all the necessities. Both private and hostels with colleges are available.
Transportation is cheap and easily available; of course, the distance from your hostel to the college depends on your time management.
Bangladesh has similar culture as India hence both vegetarian and Non-vegetarian food is easily available.
Let`s Talk About the Cost of MBBS in Bangladesh
The cost of the visa is around – 8000 INR (approx)
Flight tickets – 8000 INR (Delhi – Dhaka) (approx)
4000 – 6000 INR (Kolkata – Dhaka) (approx)
Train – 2500 – 3000 INR (approx) (Delhi – Dhaka 30hrs 12 min)
The Fee for MBBS is 20-40 Lakhs INR (approx) including hostels. Which is much lesser than private colleges in India.
Eligibility criteria for MBBS in Bangladesh
- The student has to be between 17-25 years of age to apply for MBBS IN BANGLADESH
- They need to have cleared their 10th and 12th with 60% in physics, biology, chemistry.
- The gap should not be more than two years after 12th
- They need to clear their NEET exam with qualifying marks
Admission process for MBBS in Bangladesh
For Indian students who choose to study for MBBS IN BANGLADESH, the admission process is not at all chaotic.
- Students have to apply for his/her chosen college
- Once the college selects them, they will receive a confirmation e-mail from the college and then they can apply for the visa with the required documents.
Required documents for Visa application
- Passport (copy)
- Passport size Photographs
- Confirmation letter from the college
- Marks sheet
Top Medical Universities in Bangladesh
- Medical College for Women and Hospital
- Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College & Hospital
- Anwer Khan Modern Medical College
- Bangladesh University of Professionals
- Gono Bishwabiddalay, Bangladesh
- Shahjalal University of Science and Technology
- Khwaja Yunus Ali Medical College
- Anwer Khan Modern Medical College, Dhaka
- Southern Medical College
- Parkview Medical College, Syllet
- Ad-Din Foundation Medical College,Dhaka
- Marks Medical College, Dhaka
- Sylet Women Medical College, Sylhet
- Mainamoti Medical Colleg, Comila
- Dr. Sirajulislam Medical College,Dhaka
- Medical college for women and Hospital,Dhaka
- Shahabuddin Medical College, Dhaka
- IBN Sina Medical College, Dhaka
- Aashiyan Medical College, Dhaka
- Prime Medical College, Rangpur
- US Bangla Medical College, Narayangonj
- Green Life Medical College, Dhaka
- TMMS, R.U, Bogra
- Bangladesh Medical College, Dhaka
- Enam Medical College and Hospital, Dhaka
- Dhaka National Medical College, Dhaka
- Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College, Dhaka
- Zainhul Haque Sikder Womens Medical College & Hospital, Dhaka
- M H Samorita Medical College, Dhaka University
- Eastern Medical College, Comilla
- Nortd East Medical College, Sylhet
- Jalalabad Ragib Rabeya Medical College, Sylhet
- Kumudini Women’s Medical College, Tangail
Check with your advisor at the time of document preparations.
Gather all the documents and submit them to the embassy. Show up in time for your visa interview.
Eduquanta has helped a number of students to get into the college in Bangladesh to pursue their MBBS in Bangladesh and many other countries.
If you still have any query we here at Eduquanta are happy and available to assists you to help to solve any query regarding the process for MBBS in Bangladesh.